Monday, July 21, 2008

A new earring display



My craft fair displays are a work in progress. Previously, my table was full of picture frames in which I had mounted window screen and backed with scrapbook paper. I used wire s-hooks I made myself to suspend my rosaries and necklaces, and I hooked earrings through the screens as well.

It makes for an eye-catching display, but the earrings often got caught in the screen and it made people reluctant to pull them out and try them. Also, the rosaries covered a lot more space and drew the most attention. I think most shoppers hardly even noticed I offered jewelry as well. So I'm working on balancing out my display. I still plan to mount my feature rosaries in the frames, but I'm looking for other solutions for jewelry.

The first thing I tackled was earring display. I found a 2x2 scrap of wood in the basement and some balsa strips I'd bought for kite-making. I drilled 3/8" holes halfway through the 2x2 (the strips were 3/8" wide) and pushed the strips down into the holes. They are snug enough that I didn't need any nails or adhesive. I then cut down 2 more strips to fit the span, and then hot-glued them to the standing strips. Finally, I painted the whole thing to match my logo's color-scheme.

I plan on marking each "ladder rung" with a price point and hanging the earrings accordingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Job!!

dvinedesigns studio said...

great job! Love it!

dvinedesigns.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Neat display! You should sell those on Etsy too!

www.fakeycakies.etsy.com