Monday, July 28, 2008

All kinds of new directions

A week ago I took a fabulous class in Precious Metal Clay. This clay (known as PMC) is silver particles mixed with cellulose and water and is used to make... well, anything you want to make out of silver! Basically, you form and dry the clay and then fire away the cellulose and water, and you're left with fine silver.


I had a blast at the class and am looking forward to bringing PMC pieces to my collections. I'm most excited about being able to make my own rosary parts! But to keep things simple, I made a heart pendant and earring dangles at the class.


Stay tuned to see what else I come up with. And I also want to take the time to mention Buttercup Beads in Pottstown, PA. It's my favorite local bead store, even though it's almost an hour from my home. If you're ever in the area, stop by and visit Andrea, Carly and the rest of the wonderful gang, including the brilliant artist Carol LePage who taught the PMC class. Thanks ladies!!!

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Sounds like a great technique - sounds like you enjoyed it too!