Friday, July 11, 2008

Product Review - Fresh Brush MAX

Scrubbing Bubble Fresh Brush MAX (an SC Johnson product)

A few weeks ago while skimming the couponsin the Sunday paper, I found a great offer that gave me incentive to try out this new product from Scrubbing Bubbles. This line of cleaning product is the one I fall back on whenever I find myself staring dumbfoundedly at the myriad of brands in the supermarket's cleaning aisle. It's been a trusted workhorse for me in bathroom cleaning, a task that I don't so much dislike, but rather at which I feel completely inadequate.

So, while I'm generally against the needless waste produced by these types of disposables, when I found a coupon that, matched up with an in-store sale, made the Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush MAX free, I figured it wouldn't hurt to pick one up and try it out.

The kit I purchased came with a wand and two cleaning pads. Now, I'm not one for reading directions, so following suit, I tossed those in the trash with the packaging and proceeded to attempt to assemble the device. I found it to be not very intuitive, and on my first try cleaning the toilet bowl, the pad dropped right in. I managed to get it hooked back on and finish the cleaning. It was like any other cleaning product and didn't do any better or worse than my regular toilet product and trusty brush.

On the second attempt, I was more successful at getting the cleaning pad attached, but I found it left blue residue and streaks long after I rinsed the bowl. It also seemed to drop blue cleaning residue on the floor, was difficult to drip dry and dripped more blue all the way to the trash can.

Following the use of this second and final free pad, I just threw the handle in the trash with the rest of the disposables, because as far as I'm concerned, it's not worth the expense or the waste to purchase again.


(FWIW, I typically use Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Bowl cleaner and quite like it. For most other cleaning tasks, a solution of vinegar and water is my favorite.)

No comments: